Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Early Morning Star Gazing.

For the past three mornings as I have turned to come home on the morning 'jog', I have ambled along with a beautiful crescent moon hung low in the sky in the east ahead of me. The little dipper, or maybe the big one hangs in the dark sky on my right. I have always wanted to learn more about the stars and so today I googled a little on stargazing in central IL. Do you ever marvel at all there is that you don't know? I do, and the more I learn the more I realize there is so much that I don't know. It is really humbling. It's even more frustrating when, especially as I get older, I cannot retain things I have learned. I am adding a new link I found about star gazing. The next time you are out, look up and take just a moment to appreciate the vast expanse of this universe we live in.

No comments: