Saturday, October 11, 2008

Illini Game

Today was the homecoming game for the Illini. We had tickets through the pediatric hematology/oncology department at Carle. With that part of the clinic closing this will be our last game for awhile. :( The game was early so we were up early for a breakfast tailgate. We still had a few minutes of "peek a boo" with Kaylyn after her bath. She was bright eyed and ready to go.

Megan gearing up for cheering!

The girls with some of the U of I cheerleaders.

The anticipation for face painting was too much for Jensen and we couldn't get her to eat more than a few bites of breakfast.

The Sprague family was there too! Yay! We don't live far from each other and talk of getting together but get busy in our own lives and the getting together doesn't happen. Abby and Dani (above) were a great help with Kaylyn all day. (That baby is getting heavy!)

Jensen and Morgan, painted and ready for the game.

Above Weston, Below Morgan.

Even Kaylyn sported a little face paint. "Go Illini Go!"

Different Illini teams came to the 'Special Spectators Tent', including the girls softball team. They had bean bag tossing games at the tail gate. With all those competitive young adults there, competitiveness was bound to rub off on some of us. Here Morgan helps on one of the teams. Looks like she was having a great time.

It was a cool morning, but warmed quite a bit. Kaylyn changed from orange to pink but still had Illini on her shirt. I don't think you can see it in the photo, and she was oblivious, but we thought it was cute! Her 'I' for Illini didn't last long. She was enjoying some dehydrated apple in the photo below.

Abby holds a very tired Kaylyn.

Above Weston, Jameson, and Papa. Below, The Sprague and Eliason children after the game. We lost 27-20 but still had a fun time.
After the game their family and ours went to Monicals for dinner. (Papa's treat for us, thanks Papa!) Kaylyn, as usual, was so great all day. She was out so quickly when we left the game, but after the half hour drive to Monicals she was up again and ready to go.
At first the kids were all a little subdued, but after they ate their energy was restored. The photo below was taken while waiting for the pizzas.

Had to put this photo in. It took a looong time for our pizza to arrive. Patrick had a little Parmesan cheese during the wait.

It was a fun day.


Peggy said...

Looks like you guys had great weather and a great time!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Fun! What a perfect day for it too. Kaylyn is sooo adorable with her two little front teeth :)